Learn how play and exploration can be great fondations to establishing a an engaging coding classroom
- Play channels intrinsic motivation
- Play creates an environment where we don't think about \"mistakes\"
- Play requires a \"student driven\" approach
- Expect a more collaborative environment with students working in pairs or small teams
- Expect noise!
- Exploration is how professional software engineers work
- There are often multiple solutions and the only way to find the 'best' one is to explore and try new things
To cultivate a classroom for Play & Exploration consider
- The culture of the classroom - an open, safe place to make mistakes where the teacher acts as facilitator
- Structure of your lessons - plan for both knowledge acquisition and sharing
- And the physical space - create spaces for collaboration
Kano tips for teachers:
- Make roles and responsibilities really clear
- Example, when working in pairs on a machine have a \"driver\" and a \"navigator\"
- A third student can be the \"timekeeper\", responsible for taking notes and managing time
- Switch these roles around to keep things interesting
- Go get your hands dirty and try building and making with technology yourself!
Kano One Year Free Warranty
Standard manufacturer limited warranty; covers all manufacturer defects by repair or replacement determined by Kano. Does not cover accidental damage. It starts on the date of purchase until one year after the date of purchase.
Kano Extended Warranty
Covers everything that the One Year Warranty does, but for an additional year. Can only be purchased through Kano.me and sarts at the end date of the included Kano One Year Warranty.
Kano Premium Warranty
Covers everything from the Kano Extended Warranty plus all accidental damage and daily usage damage. Can only be purchased through Kano.me and commences on the day of purchase and ends two years after the day of purchase.
Kano is for all ages. Our youngest maker has been 4. Our oldest, over 80. If you can read, you can start. Build with a book. Learn code with simple steps. Play alone, or together.