Picture the scene: you’re playing Minecraft and run into a mountain. What if you could part the rock like Moses parting the Red Sea?
With Kano Blocks in Minecraft, you can do exactly that: Blast through rock. Dig tunnels. Even create rockets and towers of lava. And do all of it instantly.
How did we do it? If you’re already using Kano OS for Raspberry Pi, it’s a snap with Kano Blocks. Here’s what you do:
- Run Kano OS on your Raspberry Pi
- Double click on the Apps icon, then navigate to the “Extras” tab
- Click on the “Share” app to see all the available projects, and download all the ones you’re interested in.
- Open Minecraft.
- Click on the “load” button, then click on “Your Kano.” You should see the .xml file(s) from earlier in the “webload” folder.
- Double click on the file to open it, then choose whether you’d like to load the blocks instantly (play) or make it yourself (make).
- That’s it — press make and have fun!
If you’re not using Kano OS yet – head over to http://www.kano.me and discover all new ways to play!